We look forward to welcoming you to Bridgend Motor Group and are proud to introduce our BE SAFE AT BMG initiative.
We have invested heavily in PPE & Signage, which is now in place across all departments within Bridgend Motor Group.
It’s important to us that customers know when they visit us, every step has been taken to ensure their safety and the safety of our employees.
In-line with the government guidelines covering social distancing and safe working practices, our Sales Showrooms, Service Departments, and Workshops have been fully marked out and clearly signed to enable safe social distancing.
In addition, all frequently used touch points within our showrooms, service departments & workshops will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times throughout the day. We have put in place a number of new procedures in our showrooms & service departments, allowing our customers to be confident of a safe 100% contactless transaction, and a minimum of 2 metres distance from others at all times during their visit.
On arrival you will be introduced to a member of our Sales Team, they will be your point of contact and will be available to assist you throughout your visit. There will be no need to interact with multiple members of staff during your visit. Your assigned team member will be able to handle all aspects of your enquiry.
Here’s what to expect during your visit
- For your safety and the safety of our staff, we have limited the number of customers allowed in the Showroom at any one time.
- Please keep a safe distance of 2m between yourself and others.
- Whilst we are pleased you have chosen to visit us, during this time we must understandably practice zero contact greetings! i.e. no handshakes, elbow bumping etc.
- Hand Sanitiser stations are available both inside, and outside of the building. Please use these on entry and exit.
- Please observe the one-way systems and safe walking areas which have been introduced within the Showroom & Service Reception.
- We apologise, but at the moment we are unable to offer waiting areas, or hot drinks facilities in our showrooms.
- When viewing vehicles, hand sanitiser, seat covers and gloves will be provided, and must be used.
- Test drives if requested will be un-accompanied. However, these must be booked in advance and do carry strict terms and conditions which must be met ahead of your visit. Further information is available on request.
- To ensure safe social distancing, we request that there be no more than 2 customers from the same family in sales offices during transactions.
- Part exchange vehicles should be parked in the designated area on the forecourt. Sales staff will wear suitable PPE and use appropriate vehicle coverings at all times when evaluating your vehicle, as well as disinfecting all touch points on completing the appraisal.
- Deposit and final balance payments must be made by bank transfer or contactless card payment, we apologise but we are currently unable to accept cash payments.
- Where possible all paperwork, and if required finance documentation will be emailed for you to digitally sign and return. In circumstances where this is not possible disposable pens will be provided and gloves should be worn when handling paperwork. We are confident that the majority of deals will be able to be done 100% contactless.
- Before collection your new vehicle will be fully valeted, and the very last thing we will do is disinfect the following touch points:
- Steering wheel
- Dash controls & switches
- Wiper & indicator stalks
- Gear stick/selector
- Seat belt & buckle
- Foot pedals
- Bonnet release hatch
- Bonnet stay and latch
- Locking wheel nut
- All interior & exterior door, Tailgate & Boot handles
- Your new vehicle’s keys will be disinfected and ready for collection from your sales exec.
- Purchase documentation and any further paperwork will be left for you in a disinfected folder on the passenger seat of your new vehicle.
- Your new vehicle will be available for collection from the designated pick-up location outside the showroom, where your sales exec will show you round your new car, talk you through the controls and answer any questions you may have.
We kindly ask that you respect other visitors and our staff by following these guidelines during you visit.
Once again, we look forward to welcoming you at Bridgend Motor Group, and remember ‘Be Safe @ BMG’
If you are displaying symptoms DO NOT visit the premises, stay at home and self-isolate as per the government guidelines.
This guidance is not a final draft, it should evolve as improvements and issues come to light and will reflect feedback from staff and customers.